Sunday, May 6, 2012

We Eat Food

We eat a lot of good food around here, I thought I'd share a few peeks of some of them that I've snapped with Instagram :) This first one is BRUNCH! I LOVE brunch. There's just something about putting a whole bunch of yummy things together in the middle of the morning.

1. Cottage Cheese Waffles


With: Cool Whip, frozen blueberries and orange juice. MMMMMM My mom made these, and I HAD to have the recipe. I never used to like waffles because they were always to fat, and dry and I did not see the appeal. Cottage Cheese waffles on the other hand, are light and fluffy and so good you can eat them by themselves !(See recipe for waffles below!)

 2. Stuffed Peppers with Crustini Bread and Spinach Salad (This is what happens when husband makes supper!)


Stuffed with: aged cheddar, another kind of cheese(?) and pesto!
Crustini: Baguette toasted to perfection, sorta like a giant crouton!
Spinach Salad: Mushrooms, Blackberries, Goat Cheese, Alfalfa Sprouts, and walnuts. OH MY GOODNESS.

 3. Toasted Cinnamon Buns with Bacon, Fruit and Yogurt


I'm drooling just thinking about it all! And just for being a good reader, I have the cottage cheese waffle recipe I promised!

1 c. cottage cheese (creamy, not dried)
4 eggs
1/2 c. milk
1/2 c. oil
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 c. flour
1/2 tsp. salt

Put all ingredients into a blender, blend till smooth. Pour into waffle maker as per usual.
Makes about 6-7 waffles

Happy Eating! :)

1 comment:

I really appreciate your comments :) You'll be hearing from me soon!!