Thursday, March 21, 2013

Detox Day 2


Day 2 of this detox, I'm pushing through, yesterday was not a great day. I didn't feel very good in the evening and ended up crying for about half an hour.  Ridiculous!  I complained to my husband how much I wanted chips and cookies and cake and french fries and ice cream!  He just laughed at my silliness.  I told him that if I couldn't make it through the breakfast drink without gagging, then I wasn't going to continue today. I made it.  Dang.

If you're curious what this detox includes, you can find full instructions here, but I'll do a brief summary.

First thing in the morning:
-water with lemon and ginger
-green breakfast juice: celery, kale, an apple, a small cucumber, parsley.  So far I hate it.

Mid morning snack:
-cut up veggies-celery, cucumber, carrots.  I did not include celery today for fear of throwing up.  It would appear celery on it's own makes me sick.  I've never really liked it anyway.

Lunch:
-sushi salad-grated carrots, avocado, cucumber, cilantro, nori, toasted sesame seeds, and a soy/lemon/ginger dressing.  Not bad, I like the nori the best because it reminds me of sushi :D

Afternoon snack:
-'activated almonds'-I soaked them overnight and so they are damp, that's supposed to bring out more of the nutrients.  These make me want to gag as well.  It's sort of a love-hate relationship.  I like almonds, but something about this texture is not working for me.

Supper:
-Vegetable 'soup'-basically a ton of cut up vegetables in water with a little bit of salt and spices.  Not bad.

Dessert:
-Chia seed pudding-it never turned into a pudding consistency like the site said, I ended up drinking it. It was weird.

Evening Tea:
-Cup of Chamomile tea-it's supposed to relax you.  And I did have a very good night.  Of course that could have been because of all the crying.

I am curious to see how I feel tonight and tomorrow.  A lot of the reviews I read said that the first and second days are rough but everyone feels amazing on the third day.  We'll see.

2 comments:

  1. There are lots of great chia pudding recipes out there. The key is to let it sit in the fridge for 2-4 hours or more, so the chia thickens it. I like the recipes that have a 1:4 ratio of chia to liquid at the most.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like a great way to detox! Thanks for sharing! Xo, M&K at brewedtogether.com

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments :) You'll be hearing from me soon!!