Monday, April 1, 2013

A Tasty Recap: Easter Weekend

It started out innocently enough with Coconut Chicken with Sweet Chili Dipping Sauce...


And then moved quickly to Peach Balsamic Pizza with Basil and Goat Cheese...


Followed closely by Macarons from Presidents Choice (best store bought ones I've ever had)


Easter weekend started off with homemade Chinese food at my parents (my mom makes the BEST egg rolls I have ever had!)


When I wasn't eating food I was thinking about it! (Working on this week's grocery list)


more Easter festivities procured homemade Easter treats (thanks Mom!): coconut nests with Nutella and jelly beans!


And who could forget the White Chocolate covered popcorn balls???


And finally, the sweetest of all, my little niece, Nora excited about her first Easter ever :)


I'm so grateful that this time of year reminds us of the sacrifice God made, by dying on the cross for our sins, taking on the burden just so that we didn't have to.  Then on the 3rd day He rose again, just like we will one day.  Happy Easter everyone.

1 comment:

  1. Those look some some real tasty meals! The vanilla macaroons from pc have soo much flavour they are my favorites. The white chocolate popcorn looks amazing as well. I am drawn to sweets as I am about to post about my holiday weekend baking:P

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments :) You'll be hearing from me soon!!